Automatic updates with purchase code #
An automatic theme update is the easiest and safest way to make an update. You do not need to do anything; WordPress will do the job for you.
In order to get the option for the automatic update, you need to activate your theme. Navigate to Dashboard -> WoodMart -> Theme License, insert the purchase code, and check the agreement for the storing of the purchase code and user data by xtemos.com
How to find your purchase code #
- Log into your Envato Market account.
- Hover the mouse over your username at the top of the screen.
- Click “Downloads” from the drop-down menu.
- Click ‘License certificate & purchase code’ (available as PDF or text file).
As soon as your theme has been activated, you will see the notification on an update in Dashboard -> Appearance -> Themes. Enter the WoodMart theme and just press “Update now” on the theme as shown:
All the theme files will be updated. At the same time, all the theme settings and custom CSS remain.
We suggest you customize our theme using a child theme and don’t change actual theme files as this will make it easier to update your parent theme.
Update required plugins #
After updating the WoodMart theme, you should update all required plugins to ensure the correct work of your website. The main plugin that always requires updates is WoodMart core. You can find and update all required plugins via Appearance -> Install plugins.
Manual Update #
You can also update the theme manually
- Download the most recent WoodMart version from your ThemeForest account.
- Go to Appearance -> Themes -> Add new
- Click on the “Upload theme” button and then choose the theme installable zip file in the form.
- Click on “Install now.“
- WordPress will show you information about your existing version. Click on the “Replace current with uploaded” button.
- Go to Appearance -> Install plugins and update WoodMart core plugin.
I can’t update the theme and get BAD_FORMAT error #
Sometimes during updates, you can get the following error:
It usually happens when you transfer your website completely to a new domain and deactivate the license on the old domain. In this case, your new activation is no longer valid. To avoid this, you need to always deactivate the theme license before transferring your website.
To fix this problem and update the theme, you need to perform the following actions:
- Go to Dashboard -> WoodMart -> Theme License and deactivate the theme.
- Go to Dashboard -> Updates and click on the “Check Again” button.
- Activate the theme with your purchase code again.
- Try to update the theme via Appearance -> Themes or via Dashboard -> Updates.